research associate, molecular biology
Location: Beverly, MA
Bluefin Biomedicine a fast-paced, innovative company focused on the development of therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of orphan cancer indications. The company is discovering and developing novel antibody drug conjugate and immunotherapy antibody candidates utilizing proprietary, cutting-edge target discovery methods and proven translational platforms.
Bluefin Biomedicine is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our entrepreneurial, fast paced startup in the role of Research Associate, Antibody Discovery. The individual will report to the Director of Antibody Discovery and Upstream Process Development, joining a team of dedicated scientists engaged in developing therapeutic antibodies to novel cancer antigens. The successful candidate will contribute their molecular biology knowledge and cloning and expression of recombinant proteins experience to further our pre-clinical product development efforts.
- Clone genes of target proteins and generate novel fusion proteins for mammalian expression
- Engineer antibodies (e.g. by site-directed mutagenesis, synthetic DNA assembly)
- Evaluate and improve existing expression vectors
- Confirm each plasmid construct by managing outsourced DNA sequence analysis
- Conduct other hands-on laboratory work that supports general research activities in a dynamic, fast paced environment driven by tight milestones
- Maintain accurate experimental electronic records & physical inventory
- The scientist will work with project teams to choose and prioritize experiments. There will be multiple, concurrent projects so the ability to multi-task efficiently and the ability to function as a collaborative team player are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- One or more years of prior work experience in a laboratory setting
- Previous hands-on experience cloning from tissue culture
- Experience with DNA purification and PCR amplification
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent documentation and record-keeping discipline
- Experience with degenerate PCR amplification, seamless-style cloning (high-fidelity Gibson, Seamless, Golden Gate assembly, etc.), tissue culture, screening in parallel, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with gene design software is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities efficiently
- Previous participation on team-oriented projects will be beneficial
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: commensurate with education and experience
If interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume (as one document) via the Apply button below.