Senior scientist, immuno-oncology
Location: Beverly, MA
Bluefin Biomedicine a fast-paced, innovative company focused on the development of therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of orphan cancer indications. The company is discovering and developing novel antibody drug conjugate and immunotherapy antibody candidates utilizing proprietary, cutting-edge target discovery methods and proven translational platforms.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist in the area of immunology. The successful candidate will have a strong background in immunology and/or immune-oncology with expertise in immunoassay development and in vivo testing of therapeutic candidates. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment to develop strategic objectives and to design, execute and interpret immuno -oncology studies that meet these predefined objectives. This individual will report directly to the Head of Research and Development and play an integral part in the strategic and operational execution of drug discovery and early clinical development efforts.
- Contribute to the selection of therapeutic targets suggested by in-house transcriptomic and proteomic studies of primary and metastatic tumor specimens.
- Generate candidate antibodies by establishing and conducting appropriate in vitro screening methods.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot in vitro immunoassays.
- Select and develop appropriate immuno-oncology murine models.
- Conduct in vitro and in vivo studies that define mechanism of action and establish proof-of-principle for therapeutic antibody candidates.
- Establish clear go/no go decision points for project(s).
- Share and contribute scientific and technical expertise with matrixed team members.
- Clearly analyze and communicate scientific findings in written and verbal form.
- Ph.D. in immuo-oncology or immunology (or closely related field) is required
- 5 years post graduate experience, inclusive of a minimum of 3 years industry experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical drug development
- Strong background in immunoassay and in vivo model development and execution
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute, and interpret scientific experiments
- Specific expertise in myeloid cell biology highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in a diverse and highly matrixed, fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: commensurate with education and experience
If interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume (as one document) via the Apply button below.