Research associate - in vivo
Location: Beverly, MA
Bluefin Biomedicine a fast-paced, innovative company focused on the development of therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of orphan cancer indications. The company is discovering and developing novel antibody drug conjugate and immunotherapy antibody candidates utilizing proprietary, cutting-edge target discovery methods and proven translational platforms.
Bluefin Biomedicine is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our entrepreneurial, fast paced startup in the role of Research Associate - In Vivo. This is a highly technical/specialized professional responsible for supporting Bluefin non- GLP, discovery research studies. This individual will focus a majority of his/her time (70-80%) on work supporting in vivo mechanism of action and efficacy studies. Remaining time will focus on in vitro studies or general cell biology bench work. The individual will assist in the design and execution of critical preclinical studies designed to test the mechanism of action and efficacy of therapeutic antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates in models of autoimmunity and cancer. The candidate will work in a heavily matrixed environment and will engage with experienced and dedicated scientists in the design, execution, and interpretation of these studies.
- Conduct preclinical studies of therapeutic antibodies in models of cancer and autoimmunity including in vitro, in vivo, ex vivo techniques as well as administration of select agents by IV, IM, SC, PO, and IP round. Blood sampling by multiple routes.
- Optimize and perform ex vivo and in vitro cell base assays including various immunoassays, such as ELISA and cytokine measurements and flow cytometry
- Analyze and interpret data and generate high quality report summaries
- Conduct daily round of facility to ensure healthy status of laboratory animals and optimization of environmental conditions for them
- Maintain animal records, clean cages and other equipment
- Administer medicine and provide first level treatment as prescribed
- Obtain biological samples and measurements
- Participate in weekend and/or holiday health checks
- Take appropriate lab and animal safety precautions by wearing appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Maintain confidentiality of Bluefin practices and studies
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological or Animal sciences (Animal science, Biology, Pathobiology, Cell biology)
- Minimum of 2 years of hands on experience with vivarium operations and laboratory animal research in an industrial setting
- Hands on experience in handling rodents, including delivering test articles intravenously and collecting blood samples
- Experience with Xenograft studies
- Knowledge and experience in animal care
- AALAS certification at ALAT level or above
- LVT/RVT certification
- Experience in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Experience with the conduct of immunoassays, flow cytometry, and immunohistochemistry
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: commensurate with education and experience
If interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume (as one document) via the Apply button below.